The game takes place on the Western Front between 1914 and 1918, in one of the bloodiest conflicts in world history. The developers were inspired by the infamous Battle of Verdun in 1916. The game offers 4 distinct game-modes with many historically accurate features such as realistic WW1 weaponry, authentic uniforms, horrendous gore, and maps based on the real battlefields of France and Belgium.
Verdun key features include:
- Realistic World War 1 gameplay: Authentic weaponry with realistic bullet physics, skill based weapon handling, poisonous gas with a claustrophobic gas mask experience, horrendous gore effects, and artillery barrages
- Tactical squad-based FPS: Unique squad leveling system with distinct squad types and roles
- True trench warfare: Real-time dynamic frontline with momentum-based attack and counter-attack gameplay
- Authentic World War 1 setting: Typical WW1 music and style, historical battlefields representing the key theaters on the Western Front
- Challenging game modes: Team-based Frontline, tactical Attrition, skill-based Rifle Deathmatch and desperate survival in Squad Defense
The gameplay in this true WW1 battlefield experience is as immersive and gritty as it can get, with features such as optional realistic gore which portrays the true horror of the First World War and authentic weaponry including artillery and gas. Verdun’s weapons need to be handled with skill – each gun handles differently and there are no floating crosshairs to aid your aim, along with realistic bullet physics that require you to lead your shots when firing on a moving target at long range. Choose a squad and prepare to assault and defend positions in the dynamic frontlines game mode that changes as each side gains or loses ground. Keep your head down or quickly don your mask in the event of artillery strikes or gas attacks. This unforgiving war isn’t for the faint hearted!
The 1914-1918 WW1 Game Series currently includes Verdun and Tannenberg (set on the Eastern Front). These realistic WW1 shooters let players choose from a range of squads from across the war, as they fight for control of the ever-changing frontlines.
For Verdun, the development teams carried out extensive field research at the battlefield itself and were advised by knowledgeable historians to make sure the individual elements in Verdun are as historically accurate as it can get. Uniforms have been recreated to the tiniest detail, the weapons are modeled to exact references and the maps use realistic props and terrain layouts. Everything in the game has been tailored to recreate the grim atmosphere so typical of WW1, from the immersive interface and war torn maps to realistic sounds and voices that evoke the feeling of actually being there in the mud covered trenches, peering out over no man’s land in search of the enemy.
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook, or contact us via Discord.